Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Blehs


Bleh. It's been a long time since I updated. I've been busy, but probably not SO busy that I couldn't have written. It's probably that I've chosen to waste time on facebook playing farming and cooking games, which is weird because I neither farm nor like to cook.

My kids keep me busy, but lately I've just felt overwhelmed. My house is doomed. Our carpet is EASILY 25 years old, but it looked pretty much new when we moved in. I don't know how such a thing is even POSSIBLE!!! And let me just say, it doesn't look new anymore. Poor thing. I've threatened to pull it all up and just throw down hay. It would be more appropriate to our household at times.

I look at my house and the compare (the dreaded "c" word) our decor to others our age and I've decided I have no sense of style. We still look like poor college kids. I've been thinking about painting for MONTHS but have jumped around several times on what to do. I'm clueless on this stuff. I see other homes, and I know what I like and what I don't like, but to come up with something myself... it's pathetic.

AND... (since I'm complaining) .... the weather just won't warm up!!!! I'm so tired of snow and gray. April showers brings May flowers... FINE, but it's MAY!!! I want to plant my garden and the soil is to wet and my plants would probably freeze anyway. *sigh*

What a pity party. Good things, good things. Let's think positively. Meh. I'm just not in the mood for it today. I'm usually pretty much 100% optimistic. Maybe I'll just wallow today.

4 comments:

K. Lou said...

on the bright side your family picture is gorgeous. what a great family you have!! wallowing is what i do best. we should get together...

Hess said...

I love painting! I would love to help you pick out a color and paint some rooms. If you hate it in two years just paint over it. That is my take on paint. Its the easiest and cheapest way to decorate:)!

Edie said...

The weather we have had for months is enough to give anybody the blehs. So, do you think we will have spring this year?

Amy said...

Thanks for your commments guys. You are all so wonderful! Kristy I have so loved getting to know you better through our blogs. I always knew you were wonderful, but I really enjoy my association with you. We can wallow together any time! ;-)

MaRea, I would certainly be up for a consultation. Lol! I have a few ideas and wouldn't mind bouncing them off you. Your whole family has such a sense of style I can't ever wrap my head around it. You're amazing!

Mom O, I have so loved our chats recently. I love talking to you and still be getting to know you, even after all these years. I'm so grateful to be a member of your family. I love you so much. Thank you for all you do.