Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bite sized truths.


Oh boy. What a day! It has been a rather intense weekend for me. I hosted a wedding shower for my lovely sister Melinda today and getting my house presentable was WAY more work than it should have been. Plus it was intimidating. I know better than to compare myself, my house and my situation to others, but sometimes it is hard to fight the urge. But I've had this lesson drilled into my head repeatedly lately, we all have gifts and and we all have weaknesses, we all bring something important and valuable to the table. I just need to remember that and live my best life and try to stay away from the comparing. It's just way too destructive.

I had some wonderful chats with many family and friends today and boy, oh boy, does that make the work and stress worth it. I love seeing my loved ones and being able to catch up on their lives. To share in their joys and their sorrows. I'm seeing more and more the importance of being honest and being yourself. I think sometimes we hide parts of ourselves that in reality we should share with others as it fosters a feeling of understanding and love. No one is perfect. The quest to appear perfect robs us of the ability to learn, grow, and gain strength from each other. It's so wonderful to connect with others and learn things that you might not have known before. It make the world feel much less lonely and more hopeful.

I'm so tired right now that I can barely string a sentence together. But tonight, I am very grateful for the people in my life. I have the sweetest, most patient, loving, helpful husband in the world. I'm sooooo lucky to have him. So blessed. My children everyday amaze me with what delightful, good, funny people they are. And I have friends and family who teach me such valuable lessons that I feel so grateful to have them in my life. Just feeling very at peace, very thankful. Life is pretty darned okay right now. :-)

2 comments:

Steph T. Nate said...

Amy, you are amazing. I love your new home, it's a great neighborhood and how luck to be so close to your mom. I too am glad for wedding showers, and baby showers and what ever else there is to bring us together. I love chatting and really listening to what is going on with everybody. I guess that makes me a busy body. It's just nice to know that we are all in this crazy mess we call life together.

Dennis and Amber Ogilvie said...

Holy smokes I have not seen you guys for way too long. I wouldn't even recognize my own nieces and nephews at first...
We really miss you a lot.
Take care, Dennis & Fam.