Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Great Outdoors: Part 1- Limber Pine

One thing I love about living in Logan is the close proximity to many outdoorsy things. Logan Canyon has always been one of my very favorite places on earth and already this summer, the site of many an adventure.


Limber Pine Trail

On the trail.


I love it when you go somewhere and tell your 9 year old to grab a jacket, but they in their infinite wisdom KNOW it won't be cold and don't. Thus Britton's Galdalf look.



Trying to hike, hold a baby and keep him warm. Always an adventure.



My husband with our infant son, tipping a dead tree.
Yeah, my naggy wife side was in full gear at that moment.



I'm afraid to say that this is a typical family portrait for our crew.



Ahhhh... the Limber Pine (and Russy and Liam).



One of the glaciers we had to navigate on the trail.



My little tree hugger.


My cute daddy.


Paige had fun on our hike but she's glad to be back to the warmth of the van.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

What cute pics! I remember those days of our long drives and stops through Logan Canyon! I think that is the last time I was up there and I love the dogs in the pic! Post more dog pics!

K. Lou said...

That is so my cousin, russ, tipping over a tree with a baby in tow. I was always of the opinion that babies and mountains never go together. But after seeing your pics, i just might change my mind. Looks like everyone had fun.

Okay, good one. I had to ask my kids for help on that one: Book 2, chapter 2, the Cave of Two lovers.

Now I can't get the song out of my head. very good episode. love the ending.

Ready for one of my favorites?

"That's a sharp outfit, Chan. Careful--you could puncture the hull of an empire class fire nation battleship leaving thousands to drown at sea...because, it's so sharp."
"um...thanks."

Jeff and Holly said...

Looks like a blast. Cute pictures. You guys always seem to have a ton of fun. Good on ya!
Hope to see you guys soon!

theadventursofsidandlinda said...

Amy your children are darling. Thank you for the help on the dates and names. I have that information on PAF on my computer and for some reason it wont come up for me so I was guessing - not a good thing to do when writing family history. I am grateful to make the changes. Do you know when Aurelia was born? Hopefully my PAF program will start working or I will have to down load it again. Thanks again!

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

Love the "family portrait" I'm sure it tickles me because I so identify with it, and by the way, I quite agree your dad is cute.

theadventursofsidandlinda said...

Thanks Amy, I hope I've got it straight. If you see anything else askew be sure to let me know.

Jeff and Holly said...

Hey Amy, It was so fun doing lunch last week. We really need to get together more often. Come visit me and I'll take your pictures!

Love ya!