Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bollschweiler Reunion



I just wanted to throw out a reminder for the 4th Bollschweiler reunion in Delaware next month for my Thatcher family. I hope you all knew about it prior to this, but if not there is still a little time left to come.

I've been to all 3 prior reunions. 2 in Europe and one in Utah. It has been a wonderful opportunity to meet and get to know relatives from around the world, as well as gaining a better knowledge of our family history.

For those family members who don't know, Grandma Emilie Thatcher's mother, Carrie was a Bollschweiler.

The dates for the reunion are July 17th - 20th in Wilmington, Delaware. If anyone is interested in attending please let me know or visit the family website at www.bollschweiler.org.

Those attending from our side of the family are: Howard, Nancy, Melinda and Bob Thatcher, and Russell and Amy (and Liam) Ogilvie. There is sure to be fascinating and rousing political debates and discussion galore. I for one can't wait.

Sorry about the short notice, but I thought I should at least post a little something. :-)

4 comments:

MnS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MnS said...

Amy
I did not even know that I had Bollschweiler blood in me. I would love to learn more about my roots in this family name. I am however glad that we were able to get the last name Thatcher instead of Bollschweiler. Thatchers are already kind of bullshitters, if we had the name Bollschweiler...... it would be way to easy for people to make the correlation of our names with a simple rhyme.

I look forward to a full report of who we are and what we are all about. It would be bonus points if you could tell us stories of a legendary BS artist that came from the Bollschweiler line.

Mark

Steph T. Nate said...

Amy wouldn't be fun to have everyong get to go and spend time in Delaware.
I just have to say to Mark's comment, you earned the class clown award. So now we know were it comes from. Too funny.

Jeff and Holly said...

Man I wish I could go. Sounds like a great way to learn some family history. I would much rather be there then read about it! I must agree with Mark, it is a good thing for the Thatcher name, there is a lot of BS'n in this fam!