Friday, August 22, 2008

Breaking Dawn, with Breaking Dawn

I'm terribly behind in my blogging. Facebook is an addiction that is hard to kick. It's so easy to post pictures, chat with friends, play games... it's sucking my life away. But I digress...

I wanted to document the final installment of the Twilight series. This was the book series that got me through my Post-Potter Depression, and probably inspired thousands of stay at home mom's to start writing. It also caused me to seriously consider a girls only road trip to Forks, WA. ;-)

Nan, Jo and I celebrated by making shirts for the Borders book release party (with the help of Uncle Sid's transfers). Morgan wanted to go with us, so we were bad and let her stay up with us for the party. All of the girls in our family are Jacob fans, except, surprise surprise, Melinda. So our shirts reflected our preference.



I'm hoping that I am correct in thinking that I read some where that this was the end of the story from Bella's POV, but she was going to write from the perspective of other characters in the books. I hope so.

I'll be honest, I was a disappointed in the book, but I kind of knew I had painted myself into a corner by prefering Jacob to Edward. There was basically no way for it to end well for me. But I'm still a fan and here's to more books in the Twilight universe.

Edit: Actually I'm going to amend the above statement. It COULD have ended well for me. I would have been fine with Jacob/Leah and no imprinting, in the books, ever. What ever happened to free agency I say? That's as dissenting as I'll get (publicly) because I still love Stephenie Meyer even if I didn't love this book.

7 comments:

aubreyannie said...

ya..i just wrote on your wall about my opinion. i heart jacob still, even though he imprinted on the dumb baby. er, that came out a little forceful.

aubreyannie said...

i'm excited for the movie, now!

Lisa said...

Loved the shirts! I am in the middle of the saga as we speak and I am starting to really like Jacob!!

K. Lou said...

Whatever people--Camp Edward every time! You know it's true. hee hee. there's a guy out there who has started a blog to determine what all the fuss is over the books. It's pretty funny--go to "kidnapped" link on my blog. his comments come from a guy's point of view which make me reconsider having my husband read the books. Some men like them, some don't...this guy is saving my husband time by doing the field research and spitting out cliff notes--per se. very funny.

Jeff and Holly said...

I guess this is why you asked me if I was an Edward fan or a Jacob fan. I have to admit you had me worried that something crazy was going to change the expected out come. I am surprized that you even though Jacob had a chance! He didn't imprint with Bella. Would you really want them to settle for anything other then the best? I love your shirts btw. I'm glad you are having so much fun with this series. I am hoping there will be more Harry Potters and Twilights out there for us!!

Steph T. Nate said...

I am in the middle of Eclipes, so you all have spoiled the end for me.
I too am a Jacob fan. Something about the cold, stone, blood sucking of Edward.

aubreyannie said...

kristy, i love that guys site. it's pretty awesome that he has dedicated so much time and energy to giving a guys POV about twilight. and paul read all three books {he is waiting to read the fourth, when we get it back from all my girlfriends} and thought they were okay. not of his own accord, mind you. but, because i asked him to read them.